All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:44 am

Post subject: Area-Attacks / Remove locked cards
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:07 am 
Adventurer

Allegiance: Wood Elf
Profile/Class: Wizard
Alignment: Good
Over time I really become familiar with the rules. After all from time to time situations arise when I´m not really sure if I play right. So I want to check 2 situation.

(1) Yesterday for the first time I had 2 copies of Falling-Stones in the play-area. Because there were no special effects in the dungeon like contact I could drop the Attack of the Adventures and just concentrate on defending the area-attacks (I know I have to take a wound because the dungeon won the Power-Struggle but I want as many Adventures as possible to activate for defending against the area-attacks). But I´m not sure how to treat the area-attacks (the game still lies on my table waiting for an answer).

It´s clear to me that I have to defend every area-attack of the Falling Stones separately and I also know that no target can be effected by area-attacks twice. But I´m not sure if 2 copies of Falling Stones mean 8 different attacks with 1 Power or 4 different attacks of 2 Power each by adding the Power of the 2 cards together like in a standard-Power-Struggle. The correct play makes a great difference. If there are 8 attacks then I could activate each Adventure for defending themselves against the Falling Stones. This way I could completely block 1 copy of Falling Stones and may ignore the other copy because my Adventures cannot be effected by area-attacks this round again.

(2) The other Question is about removing locked dungeon cards. If I locked a dungeon card during combat then I always remove them at “Step 4: End Encounter II. Remove Cards” (of course watching all the other rules for removing cards) although Lock Tokens are actually only removed at “Step 4: End Encounter VI. Remove LOCK Tokens”. Am I playing this right?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Area-Attacks / Remove locked cards
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Allegiance: Keldornan
Profile/Class: Wizard
Alignment: Good
Searcher22 wrote:
4 different attacks of 2 Power each by adding the Power of the 2 cards together like in a standard-Power-Struggle.

It's this one.

Searcher22 wrote:
If I locked a dungeon card during combat then I always remove them at “Step 4: End Encounter II. Remove Cards” (of course watching all the other rules for removing cards) although Lock Tokens are actually only removed at “Step 4: End Encounter VI. Remove LOCK Tokens”. Am I playing this right?

The tokens are irrelevant in regards to removing a card. If there is nothing keeping the card in play, you can remove the card that is Locked.

Offline Profile