Total votes : 33
 Post subject: People Choice: vote for the Next Stretch Goal
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Allegiance: Keldornan
Profile/Class: Wizard
Alignment: Good
We want to hear what you want next. Feel free to post in this thread why or why not!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Quote:
The middle "ks doldrums" aren't very fun, so we wanted to give you guys an outlet to vote for the next goal!

From what is already revealed, which goal would you like to see next? If we can get 100 votes for a specific sculpt, we will swap this for the Peryton and make that our next goal. If the Peryton gets 100 votes, it'll stay!

Blank Bases, $4k goal
Botanimoth, $13k goal
Firbolg Zombie, $7k goal
Massive Tentacle $5K goal
Mermaid, $5k goal
Peryton, $5k goal
Water Elemental Lord, $13k goal

The goals listed include the sculpt and both paint schemes.

*If we make the Peryton goal during voting, we will make the People's Choice vote the next goal.

Have fun, and may the best mini win!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: People Choice: vote for the Next Stretch Goal
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:52 pm 
Adventurer

Profile/Class: Warrior
I voted Peryton only because at the moment is seems to be the most useful and most attainable goal.

The Tentacles seem to be the next best goal since they can be very useful even without the Kraken mini. I think I would rather get the Water Elemental & Botanimoth though.

The Water Elemental would be great, but that's a far off goal and one that may not be reached.

I'd like the Botanimoth, but it also seems like a hard to reach goal at the moment.

The Mermaid would be nice to have, but does not seem all that useful for a game compared to the other options. This would be my least wanted mini.

The Firbolg Zombie would also be nice, but we have the skeleton and so if I had a choice of a goal to miss out on, this would be it (other than the Mermaid). It is more useful to me than the Mermaid.

The blank bases would be nice, but I think we could all agree that given the choice of a mini on a base, or just a base, we'd all want the minis. Blank bases can be found elsewhere. Now if the pack contained some 13 mm (tiny), 20 mm (small), along with the 2x2 (large), and 3x3 (huge) bases, I'd be buying a ton of them. I cannot find tiny, small, or huge sized black plastic (non-slotted) bases anywhere online!

I think blank bases should be part of one of the first goals though, preferably an option that is unlocked in combination with another goal. So people could choose if they invest the money in the mini, the blank bases, or both when that goal is reached.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:00 pm 
Adventurer

Allegiance: Ogre
Alignment: Neutral
I voted Mermaid as the next stretch goal.
--Its the mini i'd get the most use out of.

Next on down the line for me would be the Giant tentacle.
--Come on......who can't use a giant tentacle!!! :lol:

The empty bases are next on my list.
--I'm always re-basing minis but in order to do that I tear up old minis for their bases.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:06 pm 
Adventurer

I played d&d for 22 years and I heard about the peryton only through this kickstarter. I admit I never spent many hours reading monster manuals but its a creature I never ever stumbled upon in play. The mermaids, on the other hand, would fit in my mind perfectly with the narrative of a story where there is a kraken. Go mermaids!... and water elementals and massive tentacles!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oryan77 wrote:
The blank bases would be nice, but I think we could all agree that given the choice of a mini on a base, or just a base, we'd all want the minis. Blank bases can be found elsewhere. Now if the pack contained some 13 mm (tiny), 20 mm (small), along with the 2x2 (large), and 3x3 (huge) bases, I'd be buying a ton of them. I cannot find tiny, small, or huge sized black plastic (non-slotted) bases anywhere online!

The Blank Bases Goal consists of 1x1, 2x1, 2x2 and 3x3.

We could wrap these in to the costs of other minis, but that spreads our goals apart further (conceivably adding $1k to 4 different goals).

Tiny and small bases are something we could consider. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:16 pm 
Adventurer

Allegiance: Dreadlander
I want everything - even sculpts from the older kickstarters and existing miniatures. I voted the tentacle merely as a "if I could only get one miniature with the kraken, which would I want the most". But more than anything I'd like to see the kickstarter grow.

Have you considered leveraging your existing stock? By that I mean Auggies has hundreds of existing dungeon crawler miniatures. And I can see from his site that you're willing to drop the price per miniature to $2.50 as long as you buy four miniatures.

Have you considered offering bulk lots through the kickstarter? Any 10 existing DCM miniatures for $25? Any 20 for $40? To be shipped with the rest of the kickstarter goals.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:25 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Wez,

The existing DCMs are investor owned, and the investors have no part in the KS. I have to buy the DCMs to use them in the KS, which I've allocated a portion of the goal towards.

It's messy. But, if folks want them they're available.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:05 pm 
Adventurer

Allegiance: Dreadlander
Argh. That IS messy.

Well - the only other thing I can think of to grow the kickstarter is to lower the barrier to entry. For example: Offer a cheaper Kraken.

Scrap the $10 credit rewards at $100 bucks and instead offer a $10 cheaper painted kraken with a limit of 500 spots?

But I fully recognize it may be too late in the kickstarter - or dropping prices is simply unfeasible.

Regardless I'm with you all the way to end - whatever end that may be!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:38 pm 
Adventurer

Profile/Class: Scout
It looks like you've placed a lot of pressure on people with this poll. A lot of people are not going to be happy with the results of this poll, which in turn, could lower the amount of money gained by this kickstarter.

I personally would like to have the tentacle up next, but realize that keeping things the way they are would work out better.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:02 pm 
Adventurer

Allegiance: Shadow Elf
Profile/Class: Sorcerer
From someone looking in from the outside, meaning I have not pledged anything, I would agree with the last comment that this poll may end up hurting you in the end. I love the Kraken and the Firbolg Skeleton, but the Peryton is something I have no interest in, hence I am not a backer yet. Personally, I would most likely jump in for the Botanimoth. However, there are people who have interest in the Peryton or they would not be voting for it, and if I were them if/when the Peryton is no longer the next goal I would pull/decrease my pledge.

The biggest issue with this kickstarter is the lack in number of minis I receive for my pledge. There is no reason for me to put up more money other then simply the exact amount for the few minis I may want.

I wish you luck as I am a big fan of DC minis and want to see more of them, there is just not a lot to offer in this kickstarter.

Offline Profile