Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:08 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Pre-Order System Being Developed for Behemoth
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:37 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:44 am
Posts: 2432
Allegiance: Keldornan
Profile/Class: Wizard
Alignment: Good
Hi Folks,

I am currently looking for solutions to save the Behemoth. I've been renegotiating the pricing with the factory to get it back in to the ball park after we had the large exodus of backers leave. It's not working out.

The way factories work is pretty much on volume, and there are base costs involved. If I have an order for 100 units of something for $1 each (just sample numbers), and I change that order to 50 units, the price goes up to $1.80 each (or some variation of), and in fact, some factories won't even work with smaller quantities if you're already at the minimum.

Suffice it to say I just need to get more backers back.

I've had a lot of interest pop up for the Behemoth since the KickStarter ended, and I'm looking at some way to raise the number of Backers, the best way is to pre-sell - but, I will need a minimum number of pre-sales to get this to work.

I know you may be thinking, "Just do a refund now". Here's the thing, besides being emotionally invested in getting the Behemoth made, I've also spent a chunk of the funds on getting everything to this point (lost a percentage to KickStarter fees and full refunds, and was going to put in my own funds to help this along which would have been borrowed) so refunding everyone would be delayed anyways. At this stage in the game, I am not giving up, I am trying to salvage the project.

I'm asking for more time and faith on your part, I am dedicated to getting these beautiful figures to you any way I can!

So, over the last few months I've been working on a way to pre-sell the Behemoth without taking funds unless a specific goal is reached, and we're very close to launching it. If this method of saving our project doesn't work, I'll throw in the towel at that point and do refunds across the board (as I am able), and close down DCMs for good.

I do not have a hard date at this time, but will get this to you as soon as I can.

Best, Jey.

"And so, it begins..."

 Offline Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: