It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:11 am

Post subject: Today We Have Coins
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Allegiance: Keldornan
Profile/Class: Wizard
Alignment: Good
Today was the first time I got to see the production copies of the Collector Coins in hand - and they look great!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dungeoncrawler/dungeon-crawler-fantasy-miniatures/posts/1101037

Quote:
The Keldornan coins "Eagles" which were meant to emulate a heated nugget of gold weighing a specified amount and then stamped look a little cookie cutter, but still have that broken pressed look to them. They do not stack well, and we made a little game out of seeing who could stack a pile the highest before it toppled, record is 5. The iconography of the eagle, crown and king on the back were kept simple and really give it an ancient and primitive feel.

The Alliance coins stack the best, these were to emulate a more minted look and they came out pretty nice. It was the most complex, and meant to be the most advanced. These were forged by dwarves and humans together and presented to the elves (whom accepted it as art) as a symbol of unity and open trade.

My favourite however, are the Dwarven coins, smaller, square and thicker, these look somewhat alien and interesting. I can picture a dwarf handing this to a human, and how they might first react to its different shape. One side depicts the radiant axe of the Stonehold banner surrounded by a boar and a bear, while the other is a simple glyph representing the mountains and the door at their base like some kind of oversimplified map.

Offline Profile